QRP operation is considered using power levels of 5 watts or less CW and 10 watts or less SSB.

I like weak signals

Do more with less...QRP

Saturday, April 22, 2017

hybernation/sleep mode over

Hello Fellow QRP'ers
After a long time of no activity here on Cincinnati QRP, Ive wiped away the log in and password dust to reactivate this blog.
I hope those who read this, if anyone, get some benefit from the postings.

Band conditions as they are, QRP operating now requires more patience, fortitude, and effort.

As I type this, the "QRP To The Field" operating event is in progress. I have considered participating, but its cool and wet here today, and suggested locations are near creeks and rivers. Not the highest locations to operate ! hi. I would use an FT817 with an End Fed for 20/40m.

Also look for the 4SQRP group to offer a new kit soon. Its called a cricket. I may try to get several local radio group members to consider a build a thon once they become available.

I now hope to find time to do some QRP operating. Ive not been on HF for some time.
If that's true for you, I hope you will commit a little time this weekend to play radio.

72 ...


No comments:

Post a Comment