QRP operation is considered using power levels of 5 watts or less CW and 10 watts or less SSB.

I like weak signals

Do more with less...QRP

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

antennas and band conditions

Being in the solar maximum has not been very impressive for us QRP operators. These last few months have been a challenge to work up many contacts on ANY band. Band conditions when good make QRP a real joy. I hope for good sunspots and flux to return anytime.... Ive been using a buddipole and a black widow vertical when portable operating out in the field. The black widow has given me very good results. I encourage you to do a google search and maybe build your own. Im looking forward to Hamvention. Not sure I will attend "4 days in May" this year. Its a great conference and lots of good folks, but in years past it has been a bit too technical for me. I would like to see some basic theory and instruction along with the advanced material they cover. (just my opinion) 72

No comments:

Post a Comment