QRP operation is considered using power levels of 5 watts or less CW and 10 watts or less SSB.

I like weak signals

Do more with less...QRP

Thursday, September 20, 2012

30 meter operations

For the most part, every evening and morning I have spent time on 30 meters, using cw and psk-31. The band conditions have not been very good. I use a ground mounted vertical with lots of buried radials and have "seen" my signal on the reverse beacon network. The signal is strong into Utah with signal to noise ratios which are good. I have worked Cuba and I seem to have a good path into the New England states.

However, exotic dx has eluded me so far....
Of course I wont give up easily. I will continue thru the weekend as I have time, to work this interesting band. Some characteristics of 40/some of 20...(go figure)




No comments:

Post a Comment