QRP operation is considered using power levels of 5 watts or less CW and 10 watts or less SSB.

I like weak signals

Do more with less...QRP

Friday, August 31, 2012

homebrew end fed antenna for 20 meters

The very poor band conditions and poor performance of the buddipole last month has caused me to visit the end fed design more closely.
I have a friend who uses on of the commercially available ones and his signal is pretty good. I also worked others using end feds and have been somewhat impressed.
I have spent weeks gathering up the parts needed to build a 20 meter version and completed it last night.
Although I may not get it up to test until next week, here are a few photos of the toroids, and the matchbox.
Two things that make this type of antenna interesting are:
*no tuner needed
*only one high support required

the silicone helps hold the capacitive "stub" in place (a section of rg-174)


open then closed finished product....

No comments:

Post a Comment