QRP operation is considered using power levels of 5 watts or less CW and 10 watts or less SSB.

I like weak signals

Do more with less...QRP

Sunday, March 23, 2014

LNR EFT end fed antenna...its a keeper!

More testing was done today. The weather was a bit cold, but I did more antenna work anyway.
Below are pictures of the antenna in a configuration much like I will use in the field. I called CQ on all 3 bands then checked the reverse beacon network to see where my signal was heard.  My transmit power was only 500 milliwatts...
This is a keeper, stealthy, strong, and works... thanks LNR...


this is the high end support - a 20' fiberglass crappie pole



This is the matchbox end, just outside the shack window... (maybe 8' off the ground)


Here is the combo trap/winder.... barely visible (middle of picture)

Here is a snapshot of the Reverse Beacon Network...notice a station in the 7th call area heard my 1/2 watt signal at 21 db / snr ..

No comments:

Post a Comment